Our Outdoor Classes Begin July 20 at 9 AM.
Outdoor Class Protocol
- The parking lot will be our check in point.
- Please arrive 10-minutes prior to your scheduled class
- follow 6’ distancing protocol
- The check in will consist of recording a temperature check (using a digital infrared non-touch thermometer) and taking attendance.
- We are asking all students to check their temperature before leaving their house. If you have a temperature above 99.6-degrees, please don’t come to class!
- All students will wear a facemask!
Your Health Check Prior to Class
- IF you have:
- sore throat,
- temperature above 99.6-degrees,
- If You Have any of these symptoms PLEASE DON’T COME TO CLASS!
You May Wish to Bring with you:
- Face masks (mandatory)
- Shoes (We will be in the parking lot)
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
- Personal bag for your stuff
We have marked the parking lot at 10’ intervals during class to avoid possible contamination.
Kiyoshi, 8th Dan, Virginia Dojo
Roberto is an 8th Dan, Kyoshi, awarded by Grand Master Seikichi Iha, 10th Dan, Beikoku Shidokan Shorin Ryu. Roberto began his martial arts journey in 1969 and started training with Sensei Iha in 1979. He continues to train with Sensei Iha and is now one of Iha’s senior students. He is also a certified in Martial Arts Fitness Instruction and in Self Defense Instruction.
As a retired Foreign Service Officer Roberto now concentrates on teaching proven-effective adult-focused self defense karate at the Virginia Dojo in Alexandria VA. Many people call the Virginia Okinawan Karate Dojo the Martial Arts Grad School because Roberto teaches proven effective often brutal, pressure points, joint locks and grappling applications that Sensei Iha taught him during 40+ years of instruction in addition to the obvious percussion techniques of punching, kicking and blocking. See examples of traditional Kata, Kumite, & Bunkai here.
Roberto is a member of the Mid West Beikoku Shidokan Karate Black Belt Promotion Board and the National Black Belt Promotion Board. Among his numerous awards are:
“Best Martial Arts Teacher in Washington, DC” in 2017; “Best Martial Arts in Washington, DC” 2018; “Best Martial Arts in Alexandria” 2019; and “Best of Lessons.com” in 2018 and 2019
Virginia Dojo, 6416 Grovedale Dr., #302-B, Alexandria, VA 22310